Thursday, June 27, 2013

S.G.


For the past ten days, I've had the pleasure of Sanna's company.  We met in middle-school in Singapore and have faithfully corresponded across countries for over twelve years.  Over the years we have been together in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, America, Sweden, Scotland, England, and Wales.  Within minutes of seeing each other we were tossing clothes back and forth ('Here try this on', 'Oh, I brought this for you, it doesn't fit me anymore'), tossing around story ideas, and planning our escapades of what to do while she was here.  At times I get caught in these silly mental ruts, like, being afraid of being excited about getting engaged because it might offend my single friends. Sanna pulls me out of them with her usual wit: Nat, you're being stupid. I have been having a hard time with Indy and Felix (they basically hate me) and she coaxed and cooed them until they were eating out of her hand.  Literally. She infuses me with confidence to be the person I want to be. During the week I was with her, I was more creative and explored my own bit of earth more than I had in the past eight months.  I even had better posture.  She's a Mary Poppins type figure. I can't wait to see her in January for my wedding, and I'm dead excited about the prospect of going to see her in Sweden next summer.

Sanna, thanks so much for coming to visit me! I love you. And you forgot your Bible in my living room. Send me an address and I'll send it to you. xo

-----
This morning my adviser cancelled an appointment so I've finally had a chance to catch up on the blog! This coming weekend I'm off to Northern Ireland to visit Louise McConnell Foster in the celebration of her wedding.  I've also known Louise since middle school and will look forward to their celebrations in a castle!

No comments: